HOSTMYDOMAIN is an experienced WordPress, Woocommerce and Web Hosting Company. From simply WordPress brochure & blog websites through to full scale online stores using Woocommerce and its magnitude of plugins, we can help you scale your website to its full potential.
We are based in Durban North/Umhlanga, although does that even matter! We can support you via Zoom, Team Viewer, Telephone and Email.
Find out more about the services we offer.
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system!
- It was started in 2003
- It powers 34% of all websites on the internet.
- WordPress has a 60.8% market share in the CMS market
- 500+ sites are built each day using WordPress while only 60-80 per day are built on platforms like Shopify and Squarespace
- The WordPress Plugin Directory features 55,000+ plugins, these plugins have collectively received over 1 billion downloads to date!
- Total collaborative effort behind developing WordPress is estimated to have taken 151 people years to build which continues today, with an estimated cost of over $8 million.
- WordPress is available in 72 languages and counting, and 71% of WordPress sites have English set as the primary language.
WooCommerce adds ecommerce functionality to your WordPress website:
- It powers over 70 million ecommerce shops on WordPress.
- 22% of the top 1 million sites use Woocommerce.
- There are 300+ WooCommerce extensions that provide extra functionality.
- While WooCommerce was acquired by Automatic in 2015, WooCommerce was founded in Cape Town, and is proudly South African
Top websites include The New York Times, Spotify, TechCrunch, The White House website, BBC America, and even the Facebook Newsroom! The fact that WordPress can work well for Enterprise to Fortune 500 companies is a testament to how flexible it is.